Commercial Drone Registration for Business
If you want to fly your drone (UAS) for commercial use, you must follow the FAA’s set of operational rules known as “Part 107”.
Remote Pilot Rules:
- Must fly under 400 feet above ground level (AGL) or, if flying at an altitude higher than 400 feet AGL, stay within 400 feet of a structure
- Must keep the UAS in sight (i.e. visual line of sight), either by the remote pilot in command or a visual observer*
- Must fly during daylight hours* or civil twilight hours (30 minutes before official sunrise to 30 minutes after official sunset, local time) with appropriate anti-collision lighting
- Must fly at or below 100 mph*
- Must yield right of way to manned aircraft*
- Must not fly over people*
- Must not fly from a moving vehicle unless you are in a sparsely populated area*
Remote Pilot requirements:
- Must be at least 16 years of age
- Must hold a remote pilot airman certificate with a small UAS rating or be under the direct supervision of someone holding a remote pilot airman certificate
- Must pass the applicable Transportation Security Administration (TSA) vetting
- Must weigh less than 55 lbs.*
- Must undergo pre-flight check by remote pilot in command (a.k.a. you or the person supervising the operation)
- Operations in Class B, C, D and E airspace are allowed with the required Air Traffic Controller (ATC) permission
- Operations in Class G airspace are allowed without ATC permission
Registration and Labels
We will assist you to obtain your FAA Registration Certificate.
Every sUAS must have a FAA compliant label placed in an area which does not require special tools to access.
Labels are manufactured using a special aircraft quality label meeting FAA parts manufacturing processes for quality and durability. Our materials are designed to withstand numerous solvents and variable temperatures when applied to various surfaces, including common fluid, smoke & toxicity, aging, temperature and mark permanence requirements.
Material Type: Metalized Polyester
Finish: Matte, light gray
Adhesive: Permanent Acrylic
If you are a member of the AMA – Academy of Model Aeronautics you may optionally add your AMA membership number.
Flight ID Card
Flight ID card contains your FAA sUAS Certificate of Registration information along with an optional photograph. The card is similar in type and quality to a standard driver’s license with security hologram. You will also receive a digital copy of your certificate by email which may be carried as proof of registration. The Flight ID card is optional. You must be able to show some form of your certificate while operating your drone, sUAS, RC, model or hobby craft.