After receiving positive feedback and constructive input the FAA has updated the schedule for the webinar and 2019 FAA UAS Symposium and added a session to include the recent changes to recreational flying.
June 19, 2019 2 P.M. ET Public Safety: How to Start a Drone Program
June 27, 2019 4 P.M. ET Recreational Flyers: Fly Safe. Have Fun.
July 18, 2019 4 P.M. ET What is the Low Altitude Authorization and Notification Capability?
August 1, 2019 4 P.M. ET How to Navigate UAS Facility Maps
August 13, 2019 4 P.M. ET How to use the FAA Drone Zone
September 12, 2019 4 P.M. ET How Public Safety Agencies can Fly Drones During Emergencies
The Webinar is meant to help drone pilots understand:
- How to operate in the National Airspace System (NAS);
- How to start a drone program; and
- How to fly during an emergency.
FAA experts will address
- Why airspace matters
- How and where recreational flyers can fly their drone
- How to read Notices to Airmen (NOTAMs), Temporary Flight Restrictions (TFRs), and UAS Facility Maps
- What an airspace authorization is, when you need one, and how to get one
- How Public Safety organizations can start a drone program and fly drones during emergencies
Each webinar is LIVE. You will have the opportunity to interact with FAA experts and ask questions.
“We have canceled the webinar on June 13: “Airspace authorizations: what are they and why do they matter”. The content from this webinar will be incorporated in the webinar: “What is the Low Altitude Authorization and Notification System?”
Registration will open two weeks prior to the session on our FAA website, not Eventbrite. We will now host the webinars through the GoToWebinar platform.
- Webinar sessions are hosted in audio and visual format via GoToWebinar.
- Audio transmits via device speakers or a connected headset
- You must download the GoToWebinar software on your computer, smartphone/tablet app, or use the link provided in your registration email.
- Upon registering for the webinar, you will receive a unique URL that you will use to access the webinar.
- On the day of the webinar you can access the session via the join link in your confirmation email, or using your 9-digit Webinar ID.
- You are encouraged to read the GoToWebinar How-To Guide ahead of the webinar.